Royal Family of the Day: OMFG.
Check out the latest piece of Marvel vs. Capcom Origins tribute art by Capcom Japan artist Shinkiro!
A new piece of tribute art will be released in the upcoming weeks. What artwork would you like to see used as a tribute for MvC Origins?
And be on the lookout for MvC Origins, coming this fall to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation®Network!
Insensitive Tweets of the Day: In what should come as a surprise to nobody, approximately .012 seconds after the final whistle of Thursday’s USA vs. Japan gold medal soccer match, an onslaught of racially-charged tweets hit the Interwebs. Because sports and war tragedies are equal in the minds of some knuckleheads, many tweets declared the 2-1 outcome — in favor of the United States — “payback for Pearl Harbor.” Realistically, it was payback for a shootout loss in last year’s World Cup final, but even in that case, the tweet storm which ensued trumpeted the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Japan Daily News has compiled a bunch of the offending tweets, for the entire world to see.
“Wise man say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.”
Oh boy! Twelve midnight you can get your very own “Have A Summah” album with 11 tracks of Howard Kremer awesomeness!
It will be available for download on iTunes and Amazon!
Case For Sunscreen of the Day: This man is 69 years old.
He drove a truck for 28 years.
Trucker or not, don’t forget your sunscreen.
STREET FIGHTER 25TH ANNIVERSARY SET ANNOUNCED
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Capcom’s Street Fighter franchise a 25th anniversary boxed set is being released on September 18th for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. At $149.99, this set is for the most diehard of Street Fighter fans but with all the goodies and extras it can be appreciated by most.
The boxed set includes:
- Four games: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter X Tekken including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- An 8 inch tall, light-up Ryu Statue
- A Blu-Ray video set which includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans, Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV Anime movies, as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
- 11 discs worth of Street Fighter music spanning the past 25 years. Two of the discs include remixes and fan- created music inspired by past Street Fighter games.
- A 64-page art book pays tribute to Street Fighter fans from all over the world and includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Full-Size, regulation-approved, Ryu Martial Arts belt
- Certificate of Authenticity
“It’s afraid. IT’S AFRAID!”
NBC (the network famous for making great decisions) has released posters for its new comedies. Which are real and which are photoshopped parodies?